TMA Fact Sheet
The Turnaround Management Association (TMA) is the only international non-profit association dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management.
Established in 1988, TMA has more than 9,300 members in 49 chapters, including 31 in North America and one each in Australia, Brazil, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Romania, Singapore, Southern Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
TMA members are a professional community of turnaround and corporate renewal professionals who share a common interest in strengthening the economy through the restoration of corporate value. They include:
- 43% - Turnaround practitioners who consult with or participate in helping troubled companies in the recovery process, including interim corporate managers, financial and operating advisors, accountants
- 20% - Attorneys
- 14% - Lenders and bankers/workout officers
- 3% - Investors, including equity investors, investment bankers, venture capitalists
- 20% - Other related professionals, including receivers, appraisers, trustees, auctioneers/liquidators, factors, academics/students, government/judges, and recruiters
All TMA members are expected to sign a Code of Ethics each year specifying high standards of professionalism, integrity, and competence.
The TMA Certification Program recognizes professional excellence and provides an objective measure of expertise related to workouts, restructurings and corporate renewal. Applicants for certification must meet stringent standards of education, experience and professional conduct, pass a comprehensive examination and maintain the credential through continuing education credits.
TMAssist is a public service program originally formed to aid businesses affected by the 2005 Gulf Coast hurricanes through workshop presentations and educational materials. In 2008, 75 volunteers helped plant irises in New Orleans City Park to revitalize the lagoon as part of TMA’s 20th Anniversary Celebration.
- Journal of Corporate Renewal
- TMA Weekly Report
Conferences & Events
TMA holds three annual international conferences and regional and chapter events throughout the world.
TMA offers comprehensive education resources covering the full scope of corporate restructuring, distressed investing, and turnaround management related topics for every stage of your career.
Body of Knowledge Courses